adidas and the Sustainable Games
When London made a bid to the International Olympic Committee, they proposed to make it “the world’s first truly sustainable Olympics.” adidas is helping to deliver on that promise with the most sustainable approach they’ve ever taken to any global event. Four billion people will watch the games and see firsthand how adidas will be making the Games a Better Place.
• One of adidas’ most sustainable shoes ever, the Fluid Trainer, will be worn by 70,000 Games Volunteers. The design radically reduces waste in its upper design, has over 50% recycled content in the upper, and incorporates 20% and 10% regrind into the sockliner and soles.
• 165 new sustainable performance fabrics were developed by adidas specifically for the sustainable Olympics.
• London Games Volunteers will wear adidas jackets and shirts made from 100% recycled materials. Bags, pants, caps and socks will be made of recycled content and organic cotton.
• 100% of Athlete Village Wear, Torch Relay and London Games Volunteer kits are made from sustainable content.
• 70% of competitive wear worn on-field by athletes will have sustainable content, with materials such as high performance recycled polyesters (made from recycled water bottles).
Adidas has also joined up with Coca Cola to make the first sports bottle made from 100% recycled polyester. 70,000 volunteers will use the bottles and they will be sold across the Games
Click HERE to find out more about other ways adidas is trying to make the world a Better Place